BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Hobo's Dream !

I wish someone would help me, or take me home; I never imagined being where I am today , it's a disgrace. I live on cement floors, with old torn up blankets that people throw at me now and then. There's all kinds of critters and creatures. I have no heat, it just constantly snows all the time, and all you ever smell is the fire burning , the dumps , and the rubber from the teenagers squealing their tires.

I can remember having a beautiful home and family but that's a wasteful memory now ... It all happened on a snowy winter day. I went to the store for some milk, while my kids and husband rested at home. I really enjoy going for walks, so I'm always the one out on the go, and as I'm walking I hit a slippery patch of ice. I tumbled to the ground, my head hitting first. I don't remember anything after that, and when I woke up I was here, in this old raggedy spot.

I really want to go home, if I could remember exactly where it was, I wonder if my family even worries or wonders where I am. I'm sick of this place, everybody walking by pointing and making fun, if they only knew what it felt like to have a beautiful home and family one day, and then shattered cement floors , and raggedy blankets, left with nothing the next .

" Mom, wake up, mom we're hungry". As I opened my eyes, I was overwhelemed, full of joy, and as excited as a person could get. I grabbed my kids and hugged them, and kissed them until they finally asked why I was doing this. My answer left them curious, and clueless, but it was all I had to say . . .

6 comments:

Alan James Underhill said...

Hey piggayy cool storie Bye

Alan James Underhill said...

A
J
A
J

Michaela J. said...

looooove youuu !
siiiiick story <33333
lylaaas!

Anonymous said...

I read your story, you should consider being an author someday.

Anonymous said...

pretty good story, had me feeling bad for the poor clumsy lady that hit her head too hard, few typos but it was pretty darn good!

Braden

Allan Carter said...

Morgan,

Some solid storytelling here with appropriate flashbacks, but the work does require some revision. Avoid comma splices and make sure your use of the semi-colon is appropriate. Refer to the marking sheet I will give you for more details.

AC